Mohamed Shama, MD
- Phone: (352) 265-8989
- Fax: (352) 265-8968
ENT Call Center
- Phone: (352) 265-0920
- Fax: (352) 627-4411
- Phone: (352) 273-5199
- Fax: (352) 392-6781
- FELLOWSHIP, Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery
Harvard Medical School Massachusetts Eye and Ear
2016 – 2018
- RESIDENCY, Surgical Oncology
National Cancer Institute-Cairo
2004 – 2007
- MEDICAL SCHOOL, Master of General Surgery (MD)
2011 – 2013
- MEDICAL SCHOOL, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBCH)
1995 – 2002
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (2009)
- European Board of Surgery Qualifications, Surgical Oncology (2014)
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Egyptian Society of Head and Neck Oncology
- Egyptian Society of Microvascular Surgery
- Egyptian Society of Surgical Oncologists
- Egyptian Medical Syndicate
- Minimal Extrathyroidal Extension does not affect Survival of Well-differentiated Thyroid Cancer.
Mohamed A. Shama, Zaid Qurayshi, Gregory W. Randolph, Emad Kandil. Tulane University, LA –
Massachusetts Eye and Ear/Harvard Medical School, MA, USA; Endocrine Related Cancer- 2017 May.
- Association of diabetes with perineural invasion in pancreatic cancer. Sahin IH, Shama MA, Tanaka M,
Abbruzzese JL, Curley SA, Hassan M, Li D. ; The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center,
Houston, TX; Cancer Medicine – 2012 Dec.
- Treatment outcome and prognostic indicators in 94 cases of fibrolamellar hepatocellular carcinoma.
Ahmed O Kaseb, Mohamed Shama, Ibrahim Halil Sahin, Ajay Nooka, Hesham M Hassabo, Jean-Nicolas
Vauthey, Thomas Aloia, James L Abbruzzese, Ishwaria M Subbiah, Filip Janku, Steven Curley, Manal M
Hassan. ; The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX; Oncology- 2013
- Genetic variation in the PNPLA3 gene and hepatocellular carcinoma in USA: Risk and prognosis
prediction. Hassan MM, Kaseb A, Etzel CJ, El-Serag H, Spitz MR, Chang P, Hale KS, Liu M, Rashid A, Shama
M, Abbruzzese JL, Loyer EM, Kaur H, Hassabo HM, Vauthey JN, Wray CJ, Hassan BS, Patt YZ, Hawk E,
Soliman KM, Li D ; The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX; Molecular
Carcinogenesis – 2013 Jun.
- Prognosis of Fibrolamellar Carcinoma Compared to Non-cirrhotic Conventional Hepatocellular
Carcinoma. Yamashita S, Vauthey JN, Kaseb AO, Aloia TA, Conrad C, Hassan MM, Passot G, Raghav KP,
Shama MA, Chun YS; The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX; J Gastrointest
Surg- 2016 Oct.
- ACS 2016 – Washington, USA.
Mohamed Shama, Zaid Qurayshi, Emad Kandil. Tulane University, LA. Minimal Invasion, Nodal
Metastasis, and Tumor Size Impact on Survival of Patients with Stage III Papillary Thyroid Cancer.
Mohamed Shama, Zaid Qurayshi, Emad Kandil. Tulane University, LA. The Role and Associated
Disparities in the Utilization of Radioiodine Therapy and Total Thyroidectomy in Patients with Low Risk
Mohamed Shama, Zaid Qurayshi, Emad Kandil. Tulane University, LA. Total Thyroidectomy versus
Lobectomy in Patient with Suspicious for Papillary Thyroid Cancer Nodule on Fine-Needle-Aspiration: