Thomas Schrepfer, MD
Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology
Hampton Oaks ENT Clinic
Return Patient Appointments
- Phone: (352) 265-9465
- Fax: (352) 265-9466
ENT Call Center
New Patient Appointments
- Phone: (352) 265-0920
- Fax: (352) 627-4411
- Phone: (352) 273-5199
- Fax: (352) 392-6781
- FELLOWSHIP, Pediatric Otolaryngology
Emory University School of Medicine
2017 – 2018
- FELLOWSHIP, Pediatric Otolaryngology
Children’s Mercy Hospital
Kansas City, MO
2016 – 2017
- RESIDENCY, Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
University Hospital Zurich
2008 – 2013
- MEDICAL SCHOOL, Doctor of Medicine (MD)
University of Zurich
2000 – 2006
- Florida Medical License (Aug 2018 – Present)
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 3 (Dec 2015 – Present)
- Swiss Board of Otolaryngology – Independent License (Jan 2013)
- Association for Research in Otolaryngology (ARO)
- Swiss Society of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (SSORL)
- Anglo-German Medical Society
- Anglo-Swiss Medical Society
- Swiss Association of Resident Doctors (VSAO)
- Swiss Medical Association (FMH)
Honors and Awards
- Bhalla V, Schrepfer T, McCann A, Nicklaus P, Reading B: Spontaneous retropharyngeal and mediastinal thoracic duct cyst in an infant with respiratory distress. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 2018, 105:33-35.
- Schaefer SA, Higashi AY, Loomis B, Schrepfer T, Wan G, Corfas G, Dressler GR, Duncan RK: From Otic Induction to Hair Cell Production: Pax2(EGFP) Cell Line Illuminates Key Stages of Development in Mouse Inner Ear Organoid Model. Stem Cells Dev 2018, 27(4):237-251.
- Yang CH, Schrepfer T, Schacht J: Age-related hearing impairment and the triad of acquired hearing loss. Front Cell Neurosci 2015, 9:276.
- Shalev M, Rozenberg H, Smolkin B, Nasereddin A, Kopelyanskiy D, Belakhov V, Schrepfer T, Schacht J, Jaffe CL, Adir N et al: Structural basis for selective targeting of leishmanial ribosomes: aminoglycoside derivatives as promising therapeutics. Nucleic Acids Res 2015, 43(17):8601-8613.
- Oishi N, Duscha S, Boukari H, Meyer M, Xie J, Wei G, Schrepfer T, Roschitzki B, Boettger EC, Schacht J: XBP1 mitigates aminoglycoside-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress and neuronal cell death. Cell Death Dis 2015, 6:e1763.
- Barath K, Schuknecht B, Naldi AM, Schrepfer T, Bockisch CJ, Hegemann SC: Detection and grading of endolymphatic hydrops in Meniere disease using MR imaging. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 2014, 35(7):1387-1392.
- Soyka MB, Schrepfer T, Holzmann D: Blood markers of alcohol use in epistaxis patients. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 2012, 269(8):1917-1922.
- Huber AM, Schrepfer T, Eiber A: Clinical evaluation of the NiTiBOND stapes prosthesis, an optimized shape memory alloy design. Otol Neurotol 2012, 33(2):132-136.
- Mantei T, Chatzimichalis M, Sim JH, Schrepfer T, Vorburger M, Huber AM: Ossiculoplasty with total ossicular replacement prosthesis and Omega Connector: early clinical results and functional measurements. Otol Neurotol 2011, 32(7):1102-1107.
- Schrepfer T, Haerle SK, Strobel K, Schaefer N, Halg RA, Huber GF: The value of (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography for staging of primary extranodal head and neck lymphomas. Laryngoscope 2010, 120(5):937-944.
- Schrepfer, T., Schacht, J. Deafness. In Reference Module in Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Psychology, Elsevier, 2017. ISBN 9780128093245
- Schrepfer T, Duscha S, Böttger E.C. The eukaryotic ribosome as a drug-target: Formation of ROS dependent on mistranslation or translation inhibition? [Poster]. MD-PhD European Retreat 2014, July 11th – 13th Brunnen (SZ), Switzerland
- Schrepfer T, Haerle SK, Strobel K, Schaefer N, Hälg RA, Huber GF. The value of (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography for staging of primary extranodal head and neck lymphomas [Poster]. SSORL congress (Swiss Society of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Head and Neck Surgery), 25th – 26th June 2009, Geneva, Switzerland
- Huber AM, Schrepfer T, Eiber A. Clinical Evaluation of the NiTiBOND Stapes Prosthesis, an Optimized Shape Memory Alloy Design. [Oral presentation]. SSORL congress, 4th – 6th Mai 2011, Interlaken, Switzerland
- Patterson I, Halsey K, Liu L, Schrepfer T, Robert Duncan R. Ion channel modulation limits cyclodextrin-induced ototoxicity [Poster]. 39th Annual MidWinter Meeting, Association for Research in Otolaryngology (ARO), San Diego, CA, USA
- Schrepfer T, Luo L, Schacht J. G6PDH – A crucial enzyme in protection against aminoglycoside ototoxicity [Poster]. 39th Annual MidWinter Meeting, Association for Research in Otolaryngology (ARO), San Diego, CA, USA
- Schrepfer T, Li L, Corfas G, Schacht J. Glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency: A novel model for noise-induced hearing loss [Oral presentation]. 40th Annual MidWinter Meeting, Association for Research in Otolaryngology (ARO), Baltimore, MD, USA
- Schrepfer T, Li L, Corfas G, Schacht J. Glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency: A novel model for noise-induced hearing loss [Poster]. SSORL congress, 15th – 16th June 2017, Lucerne, Switzerland
- Schrepfer T, Bansal V, Raol N, Dedhia K. Value of superficial cervical plexus block in children undergoing major ear surgery [Poster]. ASPO 2018 Annual Meeting, April 20-22, 2018, National Harbor, MD, UA
- Schrepfer T, Riedesel E, Tuburan S, Austin T, Todd W.N. Congenital Unilateral Choanal Atresia: Is The Blocked Nose Really Associated With Sinusitis? [Oral presentation]. 14th Congress of the European Society of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology 2nd – 5th June 2018, Stockholm, Sweden