UF Health The Oaks ENT Clinic
Return Patient Appointments
- Phone: (352) 265-9465
- Fax: (352) 265-9466
ENT Call Center
New Patient Appointments
- Phone: (352) 265-0920
- Fax: (352) 627-4411
- Phone: (352) 273-5199
- Fax: (352) 392-6781
- Otology & Neurotology
- RESIDENCY, Department of Otolaryngology
University of Wisconsin
1982 — 1986
- MEDICAL DEGREE (M.D.)
University of Nebraska
1977 — 1981
- UNDERGRADUATE (B.S.)
University of Nebraska
1973 — 1977
- Florida Medical License
- Minnesota Medical License
- Wisconsin Medical License
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Fellow
- American Medical Association
- American Neurotology Society, Fellow
- Pan-American Otolaryngology Society
Honors and Awards
- Alpha Chi Scholastic Fraternity, Hastings College, 1976
- Valedictorian, Class of 1977, Hastings College, Graduated Summa Cum Laude
- Cooper Foundation Scholarship at Hastings College, 1975, 1976, 1977
- Nebraska Medical Association Student Delegate, 1979
- Appointee to Nebraska Medical Association Committee on Cost Awareness, 1979,
by President Charles Landgraf, M.D.
- Waldron Cassidy Award in Otolaryngology from the Department of Otolaryngology
and Maxillo-Facial Surgery, University of Nebraska Medical College, 1981.
Presented to each year’s most outstanding student in Otolaryngology.
- Elected Chairman, Dept. of Surgery, Aspen Medical Group, 1994-1997.
- AAO-HNS Honor Award, Presented September 24, 2000, Washington, D.C.
- AAO-HNS Distinguished Service Award, Presented September 22, 2014, Orlando
- Lead Physician, Chair Department of Otolaryngology, Aspen Medical Group and Allina Health, 1997 to
1. Haberman, R.S. and Schubert, K. The Biochemical and Behavioral Effects of Glucagon on Partially
Pancreatectomized Rats. Nebraska Psychologist, 17: 16, January 1976. Won first place in 1975 Nebraska
Psychological Association Undergraduate Research Contest.
2. Haberman, R.S. and Werth, J.L. Recurrent acquired atresia of the external auditory canal and associated
canal cholesteatoma. American Journal of Otology, 2: 269, January 1981.
3. Haberman, R.S., Becker, M.E., and Ford, C.N. Candida epiglottis, Archives of Otolaryngology, 109:
770, November 1983.
4. Haberman, R.S., and Stanley, D.E. Pleomorphic adenoma of the nasal septum. Otolaryngology – Head
and Neck Surgery, 100: 610, June, 1989.
5. Haberman, R.S. Modification of horizontal jaws of alligator forceps. Otolaryngology – Head and Neck
Surgery, 99: 346, September, 1988.
6. Haberman, R.S. and Kramer, M.B. False positive MRI and CT findings in evaluation of an acoustic
neuroma. American Journal of Otology, 10: 301, July, 1989.
7. Haberman, R.S. The Haberman Suction Elevator. Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, 101: 707,
8. Haberman, R.S., Shattuck, T.G., and Dion, N.M. Is outpatient tonsillectomy safe in a community
hospital setting? Laryngoscope, 100: 511-515, May, 1990.
9. Haberman, R.S., Rogers, W., and Haberman, P.J. Oncocytic adenocarcinoma of the parotid with
metastases to bone. Surgical Pathology, 3: 221-226, 1990.
10. Haberman, R.S. Modified Baron Suction Tips. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, 104: 891-893,
11. Haberman, P.J. and Haberman, R.S. Adenocarcinoma, NOS, of the larynx. Annals of Otology,
Rhinology, and Laryngology, 101: 920-924, 1992.
12. Matthew L Carlson, BS, Rex S Haberman, MD. Loss of stapes prosthesis into the vestibule during
stapedectomy: A case report. Otology & Neurotology. 28: 510- 512, 2007
13. Matthew L Carlson, BS, Michael J Shinners, MD, Rex S Haberman, MD. Clinical Problem Solving –
Pathology: Intramuscular myxoma of the stapedius muscle. Archives of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck
Surgery. 217: 219-220, 2009
14. Haberman, R.S and Salapatas, A.M. Hearing results with malleus removal. Otolaryngology Head and
Neck Surgery, Online August, 2017, Print December 2017
1. Haberman, R.S. and Steely, J. Normoglycemic effects of somatostatin on an inbred strain of diabetic
mice. Presented at the Nebraska Psychological Association Spring Meeting, 1976.
2. Haberman, R.S., Brandenburg, J.H., and Sauer, R.C. “Analysis of stapedectomy techniques.” Presented
at the Wisconsin Otolaryngologic Society Spring Meeting, March 21, 1984.
3. Kramer, M.B., Shattuck, T.G., and Haberman, R.S. “Air-bone gaps with normal immittance
findings. Presented at American Speech and Hearing Association Annual Meeting, 1987.
4. Haberman, R.S., Shattuck, T.G., and Dion, N.M. Tonsillectomy and postoperative hemorrhage in a
community hospital setting – Can tonsillectomy be performed as an outpatient? Presented at the
Pacific Coast Oto-Ophthalmological Society Annual Meeting, June 1989.
5. Haberman, R.S., Rogers, W., and Haberman, P.J. Oncocytic adenocarcinoma of the parotid with
metastases to bone. Presented at the Eastern Section of the Triologic Society, January 26, 1990.
6. Haberman, R.S. and Kramer, M.B. Perilymph fistula in children. Presented at the Vermont Speech and
Hearing Association Annual Meeting, October 20, 1989.
7. Haberman, R.S., Shattuck, T.G., and Dion, N.M. Post operative tonsillectomy hemorrhage in
malocclusion, obstructive sleep apnea, and chronic tonsillitis – a comparative study. Presented at the
Pacific Coast Oto-Ophthalmologic Society Annual Meeting, June, 1990.
Rex S. Haberman, II, M.D. 5 Curriculum Vitae
8. Haberman, R.S. and Haberman, P.J. Adenocarcinoma of the larynx treated with the CO2 laser and
radiotherapy. Presented at the Middle Section of the Triological Society, January 27, 1991.
9. Haberman, R.S. Air Bone Gap in TORP Surgery – What Should Now Be
Considered a Success. Presented at the AAO-HNS Annual Meeting, October 6,
10. Haberman, R.S. and Arndt, S.A. The incidence of sensorineural hearing loss subsequent to mastoid
surgery. Presented at the AAO-HNS Annual Meeting, September 19, 1994, San Diego
11. Matthew L Carlson, BS, Michael J Shinners, MD, Rex S Haberman, MD. Clinical Problem Solving –
Pathology: Intramuscular myxoma of the stapedius muscle. Poster Presentation. AAO-HNS Annual
12. Haberman, R.S and Salapatas, A.M. Hearing results with malleus removal. Presented at the AAOHNS
Annual Meeting. 2016
13. Haberman, R.S, Salapatas, A.M, and Bonzelaar, L. Tympanoplasty and Mastoidectomy: 30 Day
Morbidity and Mortality. Presented at the AAO-HNS Annual Meeting, 2016