ENT Clinic at Shands at UF
Return Patient Appointments
- Phone: (352) 265-9465
- Fax: (352) 265-9466
ENT Call Center
New Patient Appointments
- Phone: (352) 265-0920
- Fax: (352) 627-4411
- Phone: (352) 273-5199
- Fax: (352) 392-6781
- Cancer of the oral cavity and oropharynx
- Cancer of the larynx
- Skin cancer of the head and neck
- Microvascular reconstruction of the head and neck
- Transoral robotic surgery
- Thyroid cancer
- Thyroid and parathyroid disorders
- Head and Neck Endocrine surgery
- Benign and malignant tumors of the salivary glands
- Simulation in medical and surgical education
- Outcomes in head and neck reconstructive surgery
- Tissue engineering related to wound healing
Fellow in the American College of Surgeons (FACS)Fellowship in Head and Neck Oncologic and Reconstructive Surgery.
University of Iowa, Department of Otolaryngology. Iowa City, IA
Resident in Otolaryngology.
University of Virginia/Virginia Medical Center, Department of Otolaryngology. Charlottesville, VA.
University of Virginia School of Medicine. Charlottesville, VA.
Graduated with Doctor of Medicine degree.
University of Southern Mississippi. Hattiesburg, MS.
Graduated with Bachelor of Arts degree in Music Education.
- Sweeny L, Topf M, Wax MK, Rosenthal EL, Greene BJ, Heffelfinger R, Krein H, Luginbuhl A, Petrisor D, Troob SH, Hughley B, Hong S, Zhan T, Curry J. Shift in Timing of Microvascular Free Tissue Transfer Failures in Head and Neck Reconstruction. Laryngoscope. 2019 Jul 9 doi: 10.1002/lary.28177.
- Alexander D, Thrasher M, Hughley B, Woodworth BA, Carroll W, Willig JH, Cho DY. Gamification as A Tool for Resident Education in Otolaryngology: A Pilot Study. Laryngoscope. 2018 Nov 13. doi: 10.1002/lary.27286.
- Hughley BB, Schmalbach CE. Cutaneous Head and Neck Malignancies in the Elderly. Clin Geriatr Med. 2018 May;34(2):245-258
- Hughley BB, Sperry SM, Thomsen TA, Charlton ME, Pagedar NA. Survival Outcomes in Elderly Patients with Untreated Upper Aerodigestive Tract Cancer. Head Neck. 2016 Aug 10. doi: 10.1002/hed.24565.
- Sweeny L, Prince A, Patel N, Moore LS, Rosenthal EL, Hughley BB, Warram JM. Antiangiogenic Antibody Improves Melanoma Detection by Fluorescently Labeled Therapeutic Antibodies. Laryngoscope. 2016 Aug 31. doi: 10.1002/lary.26215.
- Das A, Segar CE, Hughley BB, Bowers DT, Botchwey EA. The Promotion of Mandibular Defect Healing by the Targeting of S1P Receptors and the Recruitment of Alternatively Activated Macrophages. Biomaterials. 2013 Dec;34(38): 9853-62.
- Barker DA, Bowers DT, Hughley BB, Chance EW, Klembczyk KJ, Brayman KL, Park SS, Botchwey EA. Multilayer Cell-Seeded Polymer Nanofiber Constructs for Soft –Tissue Reconstruction. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013 Sep;139(9):914-22.
- Park SS, Hughley BB. Revision of the Functionally Devastated Nasal Airway. Facial Plast Surg. 2012 Aug;28(4):398-406.
- Oliver ER, Hughley BB, Shonka DC, Kesser BW. Revision Aural Atresia Surgery: Indications and Outcomes. Otol Neurotol. 2011 Feb;32(2):252-8.
- Volsky PG, Hughley BB, Peirce SM, Kesser BW. Construct Validity of a Simulator for Myringotomy with Ventilation Tube Insertion. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009 Nov;141(5):603-608.
- Little SC, Hughley BB, Park SS. Complications with Forehead Flaps in Nasal Reconstruction. Laryngoscope. 2009 Jun;119(6):1093-9.
- Hughley BB, Greene BJ. Predicting Complications in Major Head and Neck Surgery. Gulf States Regional Otolaryngology Meeting (AL, MS, LA), Orange Beach, AL, June 29, 2018.
- Hughley BB. Osteocutaneous Radial Forearm Free Flap. Oral presentation, University of Virginia annual Fitz-Hugh Research Symposium, Charlottesville, VA; June 22, 2018.
- Hughley BB. Free Flap Reconstruction of Head and Neck Defects. University of Texas Health Sciences Center at San Antonio, Otolaryngology Grand Rounds, November 22, 2017.
- Hughley BB, Greene BJ. Reconstruction of Complex Defects of the Head and Neck. Deep South Regional Otolaryngology Meeting (AL, MS, LA), Sandestin, FL, June 9, 2017.
- Hughley BB. Advanced Laryngeal Cancer. Midwest Head and Neck Consortium Annual Meeting, Columbia, MO, May 2015.
- Hughley BB, Das A, Segar CE, Bowers DT, Botchwey EA. The Promotion of Mandibular Defect Healing by the Targeting of S1P Receptors and the Recruitment of Alternatively Activated Macrophages. Virginia Society of Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery Annual Meeting, Williamsburg, VA, May 2014.
- Hughley BB, Raghavan P, Mukhergee S, Frierson H, Shonka DC, Jameson MJ. Use of Contrasted CT Scan to Detect Extracapsular Spread of Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma from Cervical Lymph Nodes: Correlation with a Graded Histologic Scale. American Head and Neck Society 8th International Conference on Head & Neck Cancer, Oral Presentation. Toronto, CA, July 2012.
- Hughley BB, Raghavan P, Mukhergee S, Frierson H, Shonka DC, Jameson MJ. Use of Contrasted CT Scan to Detect Extracapsular Spread of Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma from Cervical Lymph Nodes: Correlation with a Graded Histologic Scale. Virginia Society of Olaryngology annual meeting, Oral Presentation, Arlington, VA, May 2012.
- Hughley BB, Afere Y, Jane J, Payne SC. Factors Affecting Porex Graft Exposure Following Transsphenoidal Resection of Pituitary Tumors. 35th Annual Fitz-Hugh Research Symposium. Charlottesville, VA, June 2011.
- Hughley BB, Kesser BW. Outcomes in Revision Aural Atresia Surgery. Virginia Society of Otolaryngology annual meeting, Oral Presentation. Hot Springs, VA, April 2009.
- Hughley BB, Little SC, Park SS. Complications with Forehead Flaps in Nasal Reconstruction. Triologic Society Combined Southern & Middle Sections Meeting, Oral Presentation. Bonita Springs, FL, January 2009.
- Hughley BB, Sperry SM, Thomsen TA, Charlton ME, Pagedar NA. Survival Outcomes in Elderly Patients with Untreated Upper Aerodigestive Tract Cancer. American Head and Neck Society Annual Meeting (at Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meetings), Boston, MA, April 2015.